Privacy and Security
MOSIP's fundamental architecture and design incorporates highest levels of privacy and security.
Key security features:
- Integration with trusted applications only.
- Fraud avoidance - association of authentication only with specific transactions.
- Misuse prevention - user can lock or unlock their authentication
- Virtual ID and Tokens to prevent identity theft
Key privacy features:
- Minimal data with selective disclosure on a need-to-know basis.
- Sensitive data protected (not stored or logged in clear form).
- Consent support – user decides who can receive what credentials.
- No biometrics based search on database (only with ID).
- De-centralised ID usage and data (cannot profile based on usage).
- Virtual ID and Tokens to prevent profiling across transactions.
- Face data is not sent to ABIS for deduplication.