The MOSIP platform is configured via the Admin application. This application can be accessed only by the privileged group of administration personnel. Admin module provides the following functions:
- 1.Management of resources via CRUD operations:
- 2.Center (registration centers)
- 5.Users (Admin, registration staff)
- 2.Registration administration
- 1.Packet status
- 2.Retrieve lost RID
- 3.Resume RID
- Administrative zones are virtual boundaries which a country can define to better manage their resources that are used during registrations. These resources includes Centers, Users, Machines and Devices. These zones can be defined in a hierarchical fashion and a country can allocate resources to such zones based on their requirements.
- Resources under each zone is managed by a Zonal Admin. This is done by assigning an Administrative zone to the Zonal Admin during user creation.
- These Zonal Admins can exist at any zonal hierarchy. (For e.g, a Zonal Admin can directly be mapped to the whole country as a Zone or can be mapped to a significantly smaller zone such as a city). Thus, these resources when mapped to an Administrative zone can only be managed by the Admin of that zone.
Deactivation refers to a temporary shutdown. This means that the resource will not be available for use unless and until it is activated later through the admin portal as required by the country.
- Decommission refers to a permanent shut down of the resource. This also automatically deactivates it.
- The primary difference being that a decommissioned resource cannot be bought into commission again as decommission refers to a permanent shutdown.
- Also, in cases where a center has some resources mapped to it (e.g. machines, devices or users), the portal will not allow the admin to decommission such a center.
Note- Activation/Deactivation/Decommission of a center in one language will be applied to the same center created in all the languages.