Comment on page
Resident services are the self-services which are used by the residents themselves via a portal. Resident Portal is a web-based UI application that provides residents of a country the services related to their Unique Identification Number (UIN). The residents can perform various operations related to their UIN/ VID and can also raise concerns if any through the portal.
The key features provided on the Resident portal are:
- 1.Avail UIN services using UIN/ VID (through e-Signet):
- View My History
- Manage My VID
- Secure My ID
- Track My Requests
- Get Personalised Card
- Share My Data
- 2.Get Information
- About Registration Centers
- List of supporting documents
- 3.Get My UIN (using UIN/ VID/ AID)
- 4.Verify email ID and/ or phone number
- 5.Responsive UI support- Support for the application to work seamlessly on various resolutions.
- 6.Book an appointment for new enrolment (via the pre-registration portal)
- 7.Ancillary features
- Font size
- Get Notifications (email and bell notifications)
- View profile details of the logged in user (name, photo, and last login details)
Below is an image summarizing the features provided in Resident portal.
The relationship of Resident services with other services is listed below.
Note: The numbers do not signify sequence of operations or the control flow.
- 1.Audit Manager: Resident services sends all the audit logs to the Audit Manager.
- 2.Digital card service: Resident services uses this service to download the PDF of the UIN card or VID card.
- 3.Credential Request Generator Service: This service is used to share the credential with various partners like print partners, authentication partners, and digital card partners.
- 4.ID Repository Identity Service: Resident services uses this service to retrieve the identity information of a credential and to lock/unlock authentication types.
- 5.ID Repository VID service: This service is used to generate/revoke various types of VIDs.
- 6.ID Authentication: This service is used by Resident services to authenticate users.
- 7.MOSIP e-Signet: This is used to authenticate and authorize the users in an event of login using UIN/ VID.
- 8.Resident UI: This is the interface through which users can interact with the Resident services.
- 9.WebSub: This is used to get asynchronous notification from IDA for acknowledgment purposes.
- 10.Registration Processor: This is used to sync and upload packets for features pertaining to changes in identity data.
- 11.Packet Manager: Resident services uses this service to create packets.
- 12.Partner Management Service: Resident services uses this service to get information about various partners and policies.
- 13.Keycloak: Resident services uses this to authenticate in order to access the MOSIP internal APIs. The Resident services communicates with endpoints of other MOSIP modules via a token obtained from Keycloak.
- 14.Master data service: Resident services invokes the Master Data services to get various templates and machine details.
- 15.Notification service: Resident services uses this service to send various notifications through email or SMS.
- 16.Key Manager: Resident services uses Key Manager to encrypt or decrypt the data used across features.
The design of the Resident portal embodies the following principles:
- One-stop solution: The Resident portal is designed to have components that aims to solve all the queries, issues, or discrepancies of the residents and acts as a one-stop solution for all the requirements.
- Self-Sovereign: Once the ID is issued by an authority, the user/resident/citizen chooses to control and manage their data in their choice of devices.
- Inclusive: The Resident portal aims to be available in all the browsers while also catering to the needs of visually impaired, dyslexic and colour-blind folks.
- Presence assurance: This web-based UI application would put in all its efforts to ensure easy access to all the residents with high availability.
- Works Remote: The Resident portal should be able to share credentials when data needs to be shared remotely without physical presence.
- Trusted: The identity verification process on the device should be trusted so that it can be used in service delivery without any concerns.
- Grievance redressal: The Resident portal ensures that in case of any concerns or grievance, the issue is raised and resolved through the portal itself.
Last modified 2mo ago