Resident services are the self-services which are used by the residents themselves via a portal. Resident Portal is a web based UI application that provides residents of a country the services related to their Unique Identification Number (UIN). The key services provided are:
- Check registration status
- Lock/unlock authentication
- Download card
- Request printed card
- Request Virtual ID (VID)
- Request authentication history
- Update personal details
The relationship of Resident services with other services is listed below.
Note: The numbers do not signify sequence of operations or the control flow.
- 2.It invokes the Masterdata services to get language templates and machine details.
- 3.To create perpetual and temporary VID and to revoke VID, resident services calls ID Repository.
- 5.Resident services sends all the audit logs to Audit manager.
- 6.Notifier handles all the communication from resident services.
- 7.Download UIN card can be handled through credential services.
To know more, refer the video below!