Comment on page
Collab Environment Setup Guides
Hello Partner! Looking to collaborate with us? Look no further than here!
The Collab environment in MOSIP offers a collaborative platform for partners and stakeholders to thoroughly test and validate their integrations, modules and services. This environment is exclusively designed for partners and contributors involved in developing solutions on the MOSIP platform, enabling them to perform comprehensive testing and seamless integration of their solutions with the latest platform code. To gain access to this environment, kindly click here.
This guide has been created to offer a step-by-step overview of the fundamental procedures that as a partner, you must adhere to, in order to begin working with the Collab environment. By carefully following the setup and configuration process, which is outlined module by module within this guide, you will be able to effortlessly access the Collab environment, establish the necessary modules or services, and effectively demonstrate the application features as relevant.
Before starting with the Collab environment, please ensure you have the following prerequisites in place:
- UIN Credential (Unique Identification Number) - Issuance of UIN as a demo credential will allow you to explore MOSIP's capabilities and experience seamless identity management firsthand. Provide your details in this UIN generation form, and we'll generate demo credentials that will enable you to navigate through different modules.
- MOCK SMPT - A mock SMTP server is a simulated email server used for testing and development purposes. In MOSIP, it is installed as part of the default installation and is utilized to mimic the behavior of a real SMTP server, allowing developers to test email functionality and interactions without sending actual emails. To setup a mock SMTP server for the message gateway during V3 installation, click here.
Let’s Get Started!
Step 1: Access the Collab Environment
Step 2: Follow the module-specific guide to integrate with/ test the preferred application
- In MOSIP's Collab environment, the following components and services are available.
- Navigate to the specific module you are looking to test and follow the corresponding guide for a step-by-step overview of the setup process involved.
- Pre-registration is a MOSIP module that allows residents to pre-register themselves by providing demographic data, upload documents, and book appointments, before official registration at the registration center, thereby optimizing the enrollment process. To learn more about pre-registration click here.
- The Registration Client application in MOSIP enables agents to efficiently register residents by capturing their demographic and biometric data, in addition to managing tasks like onboarding, data synchronization, software upgrades, and packet management. To know more about the installation and pre-requisites for the same, click here.
- MOSIP's Partner management services (PMS) module streamlines partner onboarding, policy management, and data sharing. It comprises of Partner Management and Policy Management Services, providing essential support for effective collaboration within MOSIP. To learn more, click here.
- e-Signet aims to offer a simple yet powerful mechanism for end users to identify themselves to avail the online services and also share their profile information. To learn more about e-Signet, click here.
- Inji is a mobile wallet and authenticator that enables storage of all forms of IDs and credentials in a single digital wallet, enabling offline identity verification through just a selfie! To learn more about Inji, click here.
- ActiveMQ is an open-source message broker that facilitates the communication between different components and services within a distributed system. In MOSIP, ActiveMQ is utilized as a messaging broker to enable asynchronous communication between various modules and services. To learn more, click here.
- For the end-to-end process of how to run ActiveMQ in our Collab environment, click here (Upcoming).
- KeyCloak is used to manage user authentication and authorization, ensuring that only authorized users have access to the various modules and functionalities within the platform. It plays a crucial role in maintaining the security and integrity of the platform by managing user identities, access controls, and user sessions. To learn more, click here.
- For the end-to-end process of how to use KeyCloak in our Collab environment, click here (Upcoming).
- Kibana is a powerful data visualization and exploration tool that works with elastic search. It allows users to create interactive dashboards and visualizations to analyze and interpret large volumes of data, helping to uncover insights, trends, and patterns for informed decision-making.
- The dashboards give a visual display of metrics and important data to track the status of various pre and post-enrollment processes. To get all the necessary information and to effectively navigate and set up Kibana, click here.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to access and configure the Kibana dashboard in your V3 installation, please click the following link: Accessing and Configuring Kibana Dashboard - V3 Installation Guide.
- MinIO is an open-source, high-performance object storage server that is designed for cloud-native and containerized environments. It allows organizations to build their own private cloud storage infrastructure that is scalable, highly available, and easily deployable. In MOSIP, MinIO is used to store various types of data, such as documents, images, and files, providing a reliable and efficient storage solution. To learn more, click here.
- Admin application is a web-based application used by a privileged group of administrative personnel to manage various master data and carry out operational activities. To learn more about the Admin Portal, click here.
- For the end-to-end process of how to run the Admin Portal in our collab environment, click here(Upcoming).
- The Resident Services application is a self-service-based portal, that can be used by the residents themselves. It is a web-based UI application that provides residents of a country the services related to managing their Unique Identification Number (UIN).To learn more about Resident Services, click here.
- In MOSIP, Kafka serves as a distributed messaging system that facilitates the exchange of data between different components and modules of the platform. It's purpose is to provide a scalable, reliable, and fault-tolerant way to transmit data and events in a decoupled manner, ensuring efficient communication and data synchronization across various parts of the system. To know more, click here.
- For the end-to-end process of how to run the Kafka Services in our Collab env, click here. (Upcoming)
- Mock MDS (Mock Master Data Store) is a simulated version of the Master Data Store used for testing and development purposes. It replicates the behavior of the actual Master Data Store, but doesn't store data persistently. Mock MDS is used to mimic the interactions with the Master Data Store during testing and development, allowing developers to verify the functionality of different modules without affecting the real data. To learn more, click here.
- SBI (Secure Biometric Interface) in MOSIP ensures secure and reliable integration of biometric data for identity verification and authentication. SBI ensures secure storage and retrieval of biometric data, enhancing the accuracy and reliability of identity-related operations. To learn more, click here.
Step 3: Testing and Validation
Once the setup and configuration is completed, you should proceed with testing and validation activities to ensure the smooth functioning of the modules or services. The testing process may include:
- Performing end-to-end tests for the integrated modules or services.
- Validating data exchange and interoperability between different components.
- Verifying the compliance of the modules or services with the specified requirements and standards.
Step 4: Get-in-touch : Report issues and seek support
If you need any help or come across any problems during the testing and integration process, please feel free to contact us using the support system provided below.
Continuous communication and collaboration between the MOSIP team and the community will aid successful integrations and also help resolve issues if any, within the Collab environment.
We thank you for your ongoing support and look forward to building MOSIP together!
Last modified 4d ago